Navajo Canyon is a hidden gem in our neighborhood, providing 2 miles of trail through native riparian and chaparral habitats. All community members deserve the opportunity to walk, hike, and enjoy the open canyonland spaces right in our backyard!
Anyone can participate by cleaning up and packing out trash during the week anywhere along the trail, see the Navajo Canyon Open Space Trail Map
Take pictures while participating in the clean up and post on Facebook or Instagram using #AGGBeautiful for a chance to be featured on our website!
This event is a part of AGGCC's community wide effort to beautify our neighborhoods. Click the button below for more information
Sign Up to Join Our Email List or Become a Member of Friends of Navajo Canyon
Click the link below to access the membership form
Friends of Navajo Canyon is a community group dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and enhancement of Navajo Canyon.
- Maintain and improve Navajo Canyon Trails
- Make trails more accessible
- Add informational and interpretive signage and kiosks
- Implement wildfire prevention measures such as palm removal and brush control
- Restore and preserve native plant and animal habitat
- Advocate for youth educational and interpretive programs
- Promote community cleanups, volunteer events, and neighborhood watch programs to keep Navajo Canyon a safe and enjoyable place for community members to walk, run, hike and enjoy nature
Navajo Canyon Trail Map
Navajo Canyon is a part of the City of San Diego's Open Space Canyons and Parklands
Friends of Navajo Canyon is affiliated with San Diego Canyonlands